Monday 24 September 2007

First day of classes.

Hi =)

I got back from camp on Thursday night and we were all really excited about taking the first shower since we went to Camp on Monday.
Camp was really nice but I hardly doubt that I'll be going back as camp leader next year hahaha. I was nice there but I think once is enough. While at camp we had our lifeguard induction which was the only one missing. We had the other service inductions from Friday (14/09) until Monday (17/09) morning. The communtiy services offered here are Lifeguards, ILB (Inshore Lifeboat Service), CAVRA (Cardiff and Vale Rescue Association), CEP (Community Education Partnership), Social Centre, Arts Centre, EMC (Extramural Centre), Estate and Visual Rescue. My first choices were Social Service and Lifeguards and in the end I got Lifegurads. Lifeguards seems to be the service containing the largest amount of people, we are 46 firstyears in Lifeguards this year.
In camp we played a bunch of games, did some surfing, cosateering, some environmental work and a 7 hour walk. I enjoyed all of it and it was great to meet more people but I'm glad to be back and sleep in a proper bed and be able to shower.
On Saturday we got to go out to Llantwit Major for the first time. It's about half and hour to 40 minutes walking distance from AC. Saturday night we had the first year show which was organised by our second years. After the Show we went to Sosh to have some fun and dance. I really enjoyed that evening. Last night was the British national evening. The Brits put up a show which was really funny. Next week it's the Latino national evening and I'll probably be part of that.
This morning at 7:15 our German second years made some breakfast for us and we all got Schultüten. Which is something you get when you go to school for the first time in Germany. It was really sweet of them to organise the breakfast and the Schultüten with the sweets in them.
Classes started at 8am and my first class was French Higher Level.
I didn't go to my other two classes because I ended up not feeling well so I stayed at the medical centre until 6pm. I missed Environmental Systems and Europen History (Higher Level). Classes at AC are called codes because every class has it's own code. School goes until Lunch at around 12:30/13:00 and then we have service on certain days until 4pm and at 5pm on a Monday and on a Friday we have evening codes from 17:00 to 18:00. My evening codes are History and Spanish. Tomorrow I'll be going to the beach for my service. I'm not compltely sure what exactly we'll be doing but I'm really excited about it.
Last week Monday I auditioned for the Tour Choir and I was really happy to find out on Friday that I got accepted for it. Sadly because I was sick today I missed my first practise but there's another one on Wednesday evening.




I finally managed to get the pictures working. I hope you all enjoy them =)








This was on the day we arrived. Those are our second years banging pots to welcome us first years.








This picture was taking last Saturday just after the first year show. Lena (dressed up as super rain woman), Kesey (dressed up as a stuardess) and me (dressed up as super school girl). We all had to dress up as a made up super hero.






The girl between me and Kesey in Ellen. She is one of my co-year dorm mates and she was dressed up as autumn woman.










This is the Schultüte I was talking about which our German second years gave us this morning. We had to take them to assembly. It was quite funny having everyone ask what they were =)





This is my corner in my dorm. We all have a corner which we can decorate how we want.
Well I should probably get some sleep now.
Lots of love,
Miriam

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics :D

Have fun with the surfing thing.

My eye's are failing on me now...g'nite ;D


Jay

Anonymous said...

HEYO!

U know i've fallen in luv with ur school!

Nic pics... luv the superheros! If i wos there i would've been captain underpants or summit!

Anyways menina take care!

Missin u.. DUH!

Cheers
+Spiffy+